Posted on: 12 November 2020
The Marshall Liberal Government’s 2020-21 State Budget is one of the most significant budgets in South Australia’s history. The Marshall Liberal Government is creating jobs, backing business and building what matters through a record $16.7 billion infrastructure spend and $4 billion in stimulus. Some highlights for the North East include:
- $96 million upgrade to the Modbury Hospital including $1.5 million for lift upgrades in this budget.
- Opening of the Hope Valley Reservoir for land-based recreation, including the construction of visitor facilities such as walking and cycling trails, picnic areas, viewing platforms, toilets and car parking.
- $30 million for stage 2 of the Golden Grove Road Upgrade which includes road widening, bike lanes, upgrades to the signalised intersection at Golden Grove Road/The Golden Way/Yatala Vale Road with $6 million for the resurfacing of the section of Golden Grove Road between North East Road and Park Lake Drive.
- Transition from the CWMS to SA Water’s sewerage network, saving households up to $400 a year on sewerage bills.
COVID-19 has challenged us, but it has not beaten us. To help combat the ongoing challenges and to back business and create jobs, the Marshall Liberal Government has announced stimulus measures in this budget including:
- $233 million in total payroll tax relief for eligible businesses.
- A second round of the $10,000 cash grants for eligible small business and not-for-profit organisations.
- $3,000 cash grant for eligible small businesses who don’t employ staff such as sole traders/partnerships.
- Water and sewerage bill savings.
- Land tax relief for eligible commercial and residential landlords impacted by COVID-19.
- $32.9 million to support 750 traineeships and apprenticeships in government agencies and funded projects in high-growth sectors such as cyber security, aged care, disability services and housing construction.
We have stared down the greatest health and economic challenge of our time, getting through it with true South Australian grit, spirit and pride. The government has acted swiftly and decisively to keep South Australians safe and our economy strong. For a detailed look at the 2020-21 State Budget please visit www.statebudget.sa.gov.au.