Posted on: 27 March 2020
Supporting South Australian Individuals, Businesses and Industry During COVID-19
The SA Government has already announced a $1 billion economic stimulus package to support SA jobs, local businesses and industry sectors survive the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We’ve announced a range of measures, including:
- 6-month waiver of payroll tax for businesses with annual payrolls of up to $4 million
- Deferment of payroll tax for 6-month for businesses with annual payrolls of over $4 million
- Waiver of liquor licence fees for 2020-21 for hotels, restaurants, cafes, and clubs that have been forced to close
- $300 million fund to support individual businesses and industry sectors affected by COVID-19
- $250 million fund to support community organisations, sporting, arts, and recreational bodies, as well as not-for-profit organisations and some industry sectors that have been affected by COVID-19
- A one-off Cost of Living Concession boost of $500
- $10 million Public Housing Stimulus Maintenance
- $15 million investment in upgrades for country hospitals
- $50 million to work with councils to deliver local shovel ready projects
For more information and updates, please visit https://www.sa.gov.au/covid-19/home
The Commonwealth Government has also expanded eligibilty criteria for a number of Centrelink payments to support individuals and families whose livelihoods have been affected by COVID-19. Visit https://www.australia.gov.au/ to see measures announced by the Commonwealth Government.